Unveiled in 2015, the Bruce Prentice Legacy Award is named in honour of Bruce Prentice. Bruce founded and chairs the Ontario Sports Hall of Fame. He also founded the Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame and the World Baseball Hall of Fame. Bruce is a true champion of celebrating sport and its participants, and ensuring they receive the honour and recognition they deserve.
The Bruce Prentice Legacy Award is presented to an individual or group whose outstanding contribution to sport or athletics is already well documented. Honourees will have demonstrated remarkable, long term contribution to sport in Ontario and the people involved. The Award may or may not be given out annually.
Voting for this award is conducted by the Board members and a selected group of experienced sports media professionals.
More about Bruce Prentice:
- Created the first college baseball program in Canada in 1981 at Seneca College, Toronto.
- Founder of the Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame.
- Formed the Balmy Beach Sports Hall of Fame.
- Founded the Ontario Sports Hall of Fame.
- Revived the World Baseball Hall of Fame.
- Blue Jay scout for 4 years
- Executive Director Ontario Lacrosse for 2 years.
- Honoured by the City of Toronto Playground Association.