Each year, the Ontario Sports Hall of Fame recognizes outstanding contributions to sport. The Hall has created these awards:
- The Heritage Award celebrates an outstanding achievement in a single event or competition that took place in Ontario or performed by a person born in Ontario in a non-Ontario venue.
- The Brian Williams Media Award is presented annually to a person in the Ontario sports media who has distinguished themselves in their life's work, and career.
- The Sandy Hawley Award is handed out each year to an individual who best exemplifies a dedication to the community. The award is named after one of the most successful jockeys in history. In addition to being a 2-time winner of the Lou Marsh Awards as Canada’s Athlete of The Year, Sandy works tirelessly to make his community a better place.
- The Syl Apps Award is emblematic of Ontario's Athlete of the Year. Named in honour of the former Toronto Maple Leafs' captain and Olympic and Commonwealth Games pole vaulter Syl Apps, the award is the first of its kind for the Province of Ontario.
- The OSHOF Legacy Award is new for 2015.